Why would you buy an expensive writing instrument (pens)
Pens are an absolute must to write on paper. It is necessary for every person, irrespective of the profession or trade they may be into to buy good quality pens that are not only functional and offers flawless writing, but also feel good to hold and can enhance the user’s personality. There are available pens from different brands and prices. The best ones are sure to have a great feel while you’re writing
Today, pens are regarded to be a combination of chemical, mechanical engineering and ergonomics. You can find one for every type of writing, style and occasion. There are many who are interested in getting the best quality writing instruments right from their school days. The fountain pen has always been quite popularly used across the globe for a very long time. Although ball pens are considered to be the most used, fountain pens still are quite popular with those who prefer style and grace in their writing. There are available expensive ink pens from different brands that do appear appealing for giving signatures on documents.
Why own an expensive fountain pen?
People in huge numbers and from all walks of life are ready to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a good quality writing instrument. Some of the reasons to buy expensive fine fountain are as follows:
- Gold nib: You can easily find fountain pen nibs that are made from gold. You can feel a unique writing experience that is smoother, softer and much more satisfying. Moreover, gold is much costly than steel.
- Collectible: There are hundreds of collectors who just love to have limited edition pens that are quite expensive.
- Quality: With a good quality expensive pen, you are sure to get what you actually pay for. By spending more on the expensive fountain pen, craftsmanship and materials used are likely to be far more superior. It can be similar to that of buying jewelry created from gemstones and genuine gold, when compared to purchasing costume jewelry.
- Filling system: Piston styled ink filling system is preferred by many writers rather than the converter/cartridge filling type. Such pens are quite commonly found among the expensive variety.
- Family heirloom: Good quality pens can last for a life time and can be handed over to several generations. Many writers are known to treasure writing with the fountain pen which was used by any of their forefathers. It is possible to pass on fond memories by passing the fountain pen to children and grandchildren.
- Design: Apart from being functional, few fountain pens can be treated as compact art work.
- Status: There are places where status does matter a lot. It is here that classy pens tend to convey the right message of success. It shows impeccable taste of the owner, something that is not achieved with those cheap ballpoint pens.
- Less waste: It is only a good quality pen that will write for several years. If ink is exhausted, then it does not have to be tossed out in the trash. Instead, it can be refilled with choice of ink.
The above reasons should be good enough for you to invest in good quality expensive pens. And on top of looking first class, you’ll feel first class too.