Note: The most up to date printings of this title incorporate corrections to errors found in the earlier printings.
This Self-Paced Training Kit is designed to help maximize your performance on 70-680, the required exam for the Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows 7, Configuration certification.This 2-in-1 kit includes the official Microsoft study guide, plus practice tests on CD that can assist you assess your skills. It comes packed with the tools and features exam candidates want most—including in-depth, self-paced training based on final exam content; rigorous, objective-by-objective review; exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors; and customizable testing options. It also provides real-world scenarios, case study examples, and troubleshooting labs to provide the skills and expertise you’ll be able to use on the job.Work at your own pace through the lessons and lab exercises.
This official study guide covers installing, upgrading, and migrating to Windows 7; configuring network connectivity, applications, and devices; implementing backup and recovery; configuring User Account Keep an eye on (UAC), mobility options, and new features such as DirectAccess and BranchCache; and managing system updates.Then assess yourself the usage of the 200 practice questions on CD, featuring a couple of customizable testing options to meet your specific needs. Select timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on discrete objectives. You get detailed explanations for right and incorrect answers—including pointers back to the book for further study. You also get an exam discount voucher—making this kit an exceptional value and a great career investment.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD: The practice test materials are to be had as a download together with your ebook version of the kit, and will be located in your account. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 2-in-1 training kit delivers in-depth preparation plus practice for 70-680, the exam for the new MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration certification. Ace your exam prep—and build real-world job skills—with lessons, labs, and practice tests.
Test How Much You Know with Sample Case Scenarios from MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680)
Case Scenario 1: Installing Windows 7 at Contoso
You work for Contoso, Ltd. The company has a head office and two branch office locations. The company has just purchased 50 small form factor laptops on which you wish to have to deploy Windows 7. A total of 40 of these computers will be deployed at the head office site, with 5 deployed to each of the branch office sites. The small computers do not include DVD-ROM drives, but they do have PXE-compliant network adapters and USB ports. You have tested the default version of Windows PE to be had with the WAIK and found that it’s not compatible with the network adapters on these computers. Contoso, Ltd has a volume license agreement with Microsoft. All servers at Contoso, Ltd have the Windows Server 2008 operating system installed. You want to make certain that the computers’ hard disks are secure with encryption so that data is secure in case they’re lost. Considering these facts, answer the following questions:
1. Which installation media or source could you use to deploy Windows 7 in the head office?
2. Which installation media or source could you use to deploy Windows 7 in the branch offices?
3. Which edition of Windows 7 must you deploy to the computers?
1. It is advisable to use WDS or a USB storage device as an installation source for deploying Windows 7. Because you do not need access to Windows PE, you can’t use a network share.
2. It is advisable to use a USB storage device as an installation source for deploying Windows 7. Because you do not need access to Windows PE, you can’t use a network share. You wouldn’t use WDS when you want to deploy operating systems to only five computers at each location.
3. Windows 7 Enterprise supports BitLocker hard disk drive encryption and is to be had to volume license customers. Even though Windows 7 Ultimate also supports BitLocker hard disk drive encryption, it uses a retail license moderately than a volume one.
Case Scenario 2: Migrating User Data at Fabrikam
You are in charge of supporting client operating systems at Fabrikam. In the head office, you have 20 users that have computers running Windows 7 Enterprise (x86). You are going to be increasing the amount of RAM in these computers from 4 GB to 16 GB and wish to upgrade the operating system to Windows 7 Enterprise (x64). After the upgrade is complete, users must not be capable of boot into the x86 version of Windows 7. You have 10 users at a branch office who currently have computers running Windows XP Professional that are more than 5 years old. These computers each have only 256 MB of RAM. You do not need any Windows Easy Transfer cables and do not wish to store branch office user profile data on network drives or on USB storage devices. You are going to replace these computers with 10 new computers running Windows 7 Professional. Considering these facts, answer the following questions:
1. What kind of migration must you perform at the branch office, side-by-side or wipe-and-load?
2. What kind of migration must you perform at the head office, side-by-side or wipe-and-load?
3. Which technology and method would you use to perform the migrations in the branch office?
1. Side-by-side migrations are appropriate because you are moving users in the branch offices from old computers to new computers. Wipe-and-load migrations are appropriate only when the same computer hardware is being used.
2. You must perform a wipe-and-load because the users in the head office will be the usage of the same hardware and must not be capable of boot into the x86 version of Windows 7 Enterprise after the upgrade is complete.
3. Use Windows Easy Transfer with the network method.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7$28.37
Windows 7 Desktop Support and Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond (Exams 70-685 and 70-686)$25.22